Have you CrEaTeD your “LiVe-It” LiSt? For the next few months you will be reading/hearing a lot about the “Live-It” list on the Suede Sofa. If you are needing some help creating your list check out some of the ideas we’ll be sharing. Here are a few:
- Starting that HoMe-BaSeD business you’ve been dreaming (and talking) about.
- Finally, pursuing a CoLLeGe DeGrEe/training that was put on the back burner due to the demands of life such as motherhood.
- Dusting off a MuSiCaL iNstRumEnT that you played as a kid, but that got placed in the attic after high-school or college.
- Pursuing a HoBbY that you have always been intriqued with such as woodworking, quilting, making stain glass, etc.
- VoLunTeEriNg at a non-profit. (The picture above is the FireEscape Coffeehouse, a place for high-school and college age kids to hang out in Chanute, KS.) Click here to find out more about Director Marilyn at the FireEscape.
•For more “I Am…” stories, click here!
•Do you or someone you know have a story that could inspire other women? We would LOVE to feature you! Email us at email@example.com
Filed under I AM..., Stories
SuMmerTime has always been my favorite time of year, and living in New Jersey I am able to spend lots of time at the beach. I was probably around 8 years old when I found my first piece of sea glass and I immediately became a CollEctor. Over the years I’ve found thousands of pieces: green, brown, clear, aqua, and my favorite…blue! I love Guessing if my pieces came from sunken ships, old medicine bottles, or just garbage that made it into the sea.
Too often we get CaughT uP in our day to day routines and neglect to make time for ourselves. Collecting sea glass has become my way of taking time out to do something for MySelf that makes me hAppy. Whether it is gardening, scrapbooking, photography, etc…set time aside for yourself and see what “trEaSures” are waiting for you to discover!
~Guest Writer, Robyn from New Jersey