WHAT IT IS:
Peace with Food is a step-by-step, customized lifestyle, tailored specifically for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Tools! In order to have Peace with Food you have to find what tools work best for you. We have A LOT of them to share and some will work for you and others won’t. This is okay! Peace with Food is all about finding what speaks to you. Take and tweak what we share, and above all do whatever you need in order to have peace. That is the most important thing!
- New Life! Because Peace with Food is so different than what you would expect from a diet, you won’t be given a list of requirements of tasks you have to do. We will offer guided questions and thoughts to help you discover what your customized lifestyle to Peace with Food looks like. At times you may feel uncomfortable since the norm is to follow a very specific plan. But remember, we are not lab rats. Each of us is unique so we have to figure out a lifestyle of food, tailored specifically to each individual person.
- Pep-Talks! You may have moments where you want to rush through our process because the “quick fix” would be so much easier. We had those same feelings. When you catch yourself gravitating back toward the diet mentality, remind yourself of what that future looks like by reading 10 Reasons Diet’s Don’t Work. We will also be there every step of the way, to support and encourage, so you don’t lose sight of what you are fighting for: PEACE.
- A Game Plan! If the scale fluctuates when you get started in this process, don’t panic. This happened to us, but at the time we had no idea what we were doing! Hopefully, by learning from our mistakes, you can eliminate the amount of fluctuation we experienced. BUT, if you do face this, we encourage you to have a game plan by asking yourself this question: What do I have to lose? When you really think about it, diets help you lose the weight initially, but then you gain it all back (often times, gaining even more!) Because of this, diets actually take you deeper in the hole. Peace with Food will allow you to see improvements with every step you take, weight included! So it is worth it, even if the beginning may feel out-of-the-norm. So what do you have to lose? Nothing, because the long-term outcome will be worth it!
- Ownership! You are the expert of your life. No one knows you better than you. We will ask you to be your own scientist taking a new look at your life by experimenting and observing your likes, dislikes, what will keep you in the game, etc. You will be the expert at knowing yourself , and before long you’ll be able to coach others to do the same!
WHAT TO DO NOW:
Let’s dive in! Start by reading our first tool: Bite #1 vs. Bite #21.