The year is 2111. Your history has been written. What does yours say? What is your legacy?
I think, for me, this may be the single most important aspect of dealing with an All-Or-Nothing mindset – seeing the BiG PiCtUrE. The best way I have found to do this is to “write my legacy.” I literally have put down on paper what I want my legacy to look like. Here are some of my random thoughts:
- My kids don’t have to LoOk PeRfEcT.
- I (and my life) don’t have to look perfect.
- My house doesn’t have to look perfect. (Definitely easier said than done!)
- People take PriOriTy over things – (Including schedules, my plans, etc)
- My purpose – loving God and others
I don’t nail this 100% of the time, but I’m doing my best to hit the mark as much as I can. Hopefully I get closer every day.
What’s your legacy?