I recently read a facebook post from a college friend. Much like the writers of this blog, she is a “get real” kind of gal. This week she decided to go against the status quo and post the top ten “not so appealing” qualities about herself and her daily life. I know I share many HONEST moments with you, but thought this may be a different and fun way for you to learn more about the ”not so appealing” parts of me! So here it goes…
1) I spend most days wearing the same outfit I wore to bed the night before (usually a t-shirt and sweats).
2) Many days I don’t look in the mirror or get around to brushing my teeth until after lunchtime.
3) Even though I was a major neat freak growing up, I go to bed with a messy house and dirty piles of laundry in my bedroom.
4) I have a major sweet tooth and often eat milk and cookies within an hour of going to bed!
5) I yell at my kids when I’m stressed.
6) I am not a very good gift giver. I’m lucky enough if I remember to buy a person a card for a special occasion.
7) I get cold sores when I am stressed and am extremely embarrassed to go out in public when I get them.
8) I eat when I am anxious, bored, upset, sad, happy….you name it! I even eat after I am already stuffed.
9) I rarely mop the floor, even when I know guests are coming! I find it pointless since the kids will spill something on it within minutes anyway.
10) I don’t wear sunscreen every time I step out the door, even though I already had 4 pre-cancerous moles surgically removed.
11) I let my kids eat leftover homemade cookies for breakfast when I’m too lazy to make them oatmeal.
12) When I am on the phone I allow my kids get into all sorts of things they aren’t supposed to–whatever I can do to keep them distracted.
13) I make mistakes in my business (www.letterblockshop.com). When I mess up an order I obsess about it for hours and feel like a failure. No business is perfect.
14) Even as a grown woman, I use to be scared to stay home alone (at night) when Doug was away on business trips.
15) I always feel like I have weight to lose and areas on my body that need toned…yet…I rarely do anything about it (I hate to exercise!)
16) I don’t have a very good memory when it comes to historical facts and things I should remember from all my years of school. The game trivial pursuit terrifies me!
17) I spent 4 1/2 years to be a music teacher. I only taught one year, haven’t played the piano in over 4 years, I rarely sing, and I am not renewing my teaching certificate.
18) Since I limit my kids to 1 hour of TV during the day, it is very rare that I watch the news. I usually never know what is going on!
19) I feel guilty that I don’t spend enough time with my kids, even though I am home all day.
20) I procrastinate when I write these posts. I usually get them done the night before or the morning of!
Despite all of the above, I know that I am NORMAL and that in the grand scheme of things, none of this is a big deal. Hope this list helps reassure you of the same! No one is perfect. No one has their life together as well as it appears. Take a sigh of relief!